Wednesday 24 September 2008

Swiss pooch poop sign


On my travels to Swizterland not only was the country immaculately clean, but the Swiss design for this dog litter sign amused me with its alteration of the typcial mundane and generic depication of its sort.

My response to this minimalistic yellow and black was of curiosity when I first glanced upon it. The evolution of man resulting in picking up dog litter was certainly different! Thinking more in depth to the concept behind this, I believe the sign depicts and emphasised dog owners to be civilised and courteous...

From a design point of view the message is the same as a traditional sign. It's brightly coloured and does it's purpose of indictating this and to encourage dog walkers? Well, the concept is good I'm not sure the average joe will give it as to much thought of what the sign is trying to say apart from the obvious

2 comments:

plam said...

I think this is very clever. I've seen the 'evolution of man' being used many times for different occasions and this one is the best and funniest yet!

plam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.